It’s a food philosophy at Nutritional Therapeutics, Inc.
Daylight savings doesn’t just mean more hours of sunlight, it means wer’re closer to Spring and Summer. Gear up for the warm weather soon to come with these great tips on how eating with portion control can help you obtain and maintain a healthy weight.
1. Don’t eat out of the box or bag. Measure out a single serving according to the nutritional label and put it on a plate or in a bowl.
2. Avoid eating in front of the television or while doing other activities. Pay attention to what you’re eating and you will enjoy the food more.
3. Eat slowly. Your brain measures fullness in your stomach by how many times you chew but it takes a while for the brain to catch up.
4. Use smaller dishes, bowls and glasses so when you fill up your plate you’re actually eating less.
5. Take second portions of the healthy choices like salad and vegetables. Avoid dressings and sauces that can be high in fat and calories and have little nutritional benefit.
6. When cooking in large batches, freeze the food you will not eat right away. This way, you won’t be tempted to go back for seconds or a late night snack.
7. Don’t skip meals, have an eating routing. This will help you maintain your metabolism.
8. Replace high fat snacks like chips and cookies with healthy alternatives like yogurt, fruit and whole grain crackers.
9. Everyone needs a treat! When you have a craving, indulge it but only one serving and eat it slowly to enjoy fully.
Learn More About Portion Control: http://win.niddk.nih.gov/publications/just_enough.htm